Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Toys are important for kids|

If you asked any child if his or her toys are important, the answer would be a resounding YES. We certainly thought so too when we were young enough to play with toys. When it's our turn to buy them for the little ones, some of us begin to question the relevance of toys in a child's life.

We all have a favorite toy whose memories can still elicit a chuckle or two. Mine was a plastic food set with plates and cups and saucers. I used to play with my cousins, and we certainly had fun imagining those toy plates brimming with the sweets we craved back then.

I have made a discovery in my adult life, kids toys were made for kids. Now I know you may be puzzled about this because we all have sat down and played with our children, but if you peer deeper into this issue you will see as I do.

The toy is important for very young children but they need social interaction more. When they get bigger, they need the toys to stimulate their imagination, but parents will always be more important as playmates.

No comments:

Post a Comment